I specialize in therapeutic massage for all ages, including pediatric, maternity, and geriatric massage. Most issues stem from anxiety or stress. I aim to bring relief to those who are in pain, restoration to those who are stressed, and resolve to long term issues. I believe that receiving massage therapy can benefit a person’s body, mind and spirit. Each session is customized to meet individual needs by integrating many modalities of massage and therapy techniques. I am committed to my personal growth and continuing education as a massage therapist. I am dedicated to working together with my clients to promote their education and participation in this powerful self-healing process.
Therapeutic massage means both the client and therapist have a shared goal of achieving structural changes within the body, generally through a series of regular massages. Therapy includes these four steps: assess, propose a plan, perform therapy, and evaluate. A whole body massage may or may not happen in one session of a therapeutic session. An occasional massage leaves you feeling great, regular massage can do so much more, but therapeutic massage gets to the cause of the issues and begins to restore. The work I do in each session builds on itself, helping your body maintain its relaxed state and your muscles to remain loose even during times of physical and mental stress.
The purpose of the IAIM (International Association of Infant Massage) is to promote nurturing touch and communication through research so that the parents, caregivers and children are loved, valued and respected throughout the world community. I absolutely love being present in the lives of you and your babies.
Geriatric massage involves specialized strokes and techniques designed for aging skin and muscles. Clients of geriatric massage report sleeping better, a reduction in stress, relief from arthritis and chronic pain, increased recovery time from surgeries, better circulation, lower blood pressure and relief from some symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease.
Prenatal, Postnatal and beyond is therapeutic massage and bodywork to support the physiologic, structural and emotional well-being of pregnant, laboring and postpartum women, and long-term well-being of women for a year or more after giving birth.
Pediatric massage is a win-win for all involved. The biggest benefits of pediatric massage therapy:
- Reduces anxiety which helps the young ones deal with the stressful situations in a better way.
- Reduces pain and discomfort they are suffering because of injury or any other medical condition.
- Improves their self-esteem and confidence because their muscles get toned.
- Releases the stress children may be facing because of their health problems.
- Provides a sense of better health and well-being. Along with this, children begin taking better care of their bodies. Children benefit in the long run as they know the importance of being healthy, and about taking the necessary steps to prevent health ailments.
Contact me to see what I can do for you.